Energy Efficiency for Better Buildings: Unlock the energy-saving potential of your buildings
Join us! Choose your registration method below:The registration for this course is not open
About this Specialization
Flexible and based on real-life scenarios, this course gives you the skills and knowledge you need to implement effective energy-saving strategies across all your buildings and premises.
Buildings of all ages and all sizes are some of the largest energy consumers in Europe. They account for 40 per cent of primary energy consumption and 36 per cent of CO2 emissions.
By improving the energy efficiency of our buildings the EU’s total energy consumption could be reduced by at least six per cent, and CO2 emissions lowered by five per cent.
If you want to play a key role in reducing your organisation’s energy use, minimise your energy bills, and contribute towards a wider reduction in carbon emissions, this is the course for you. It is split into four modules that cover the basic concepts and tools of energy management in buildings; building systems; the development of energy management practice; and the standards and regulations that apply.
By learning how to develop and implement energy-management processes in buildings, and acquiring detailed knowledge of traditional and new best practices in energy management, you will be able to select and implement the best available tools for your own premises.
- To provide building and energy managers with the tools and skills needed to manage their energy consumption more effectively.
- To provide building and energy managers with specific advice relating to their own facilities)both during the course and after its completion.
- To give building and energy managers the knowledge they need to access potential investment options to meet their own requirements, needs and constraints.
Intended learning outcomes
At the end of this course, you will:
- Understand basic energy concepts and tools
- Understand energy management systems
- Understand fundamental energy systems used in buildings
- Be able to access energy-related investments, and understand the regulatory constraints, incentives and other financial incentives) in buildings
Methodology and assessment
This course brings together the best learning content with a user-centric approach to deliver high-quality training for developing essential skills in today's built environment.
The course consists of 70 units that are spread over four modules. Each module comprises four or five topics that are divided into between four and six units.
For each unit there will be a video and a multiple-choice quiz
For each topic and module there will be an exercise to be evaluated.
In addition to online training, students participate in laboratory activities including: measuring energy consumption in real time; interacting with and assessing data from an energy management system; control devices; and measuring energy generation. All course participants will also be able to access professional advice after completing the course to help put newly acquired knowledge into practice.
This course is designed for:
- Facility or energy managers in the public and private sector, including those in hotels and hospitality, business and light commercial sectors, retail, leisure and more.
- Professionals at energy services companies and utilities that provide energy-efficiency services to customers
- Students in higher education (undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate level)
In order to get the best from this course, you should have the following:
- Good English and/or proficiency in Portuguese or Spanish
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- An internet connection
No prior technical or specific knowledge is needed, although a basic knowledge of the energy sector is a plus.
This course has a medium level of difficulty, however all those who are interested are encouraged to take part. You will start with an introductory module to energy basics, and be given extensive support materials for every level.
Freemium level allows basic access to selected free modules and other activities, while Premium offers more, e.g. increased and extended content access. Ask for more details about upgrading to Premium at: email@example.com
Total price to Enroll:
Specialization: 600€ (or 150€ per course).
600€ 450€ 25% off
Pre-pay for all 4 courses in the Specialization, and get a special discount (save 150€).
The course has been developed by a consortium of highly-regarded bodies in the field of energy management. They include:
- IST: Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal
IST is part of the Universidade de Lisboa and is recognised at national and international level as a leader in the fields of architecture, engineering, science and technology. IST is also home to some of Portugal’s most prestigious laboratories and R&D centres.
- ISQ: Instituto de Soldadura e Qualidade, Portugal
ISQ is a private, independent organisation that has more than 50 years’ experience of providing inspection, testing, training and technical consulting services. A partner in more than 400 R&D projects, ISQ has worked with the European Space Agency, the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor, CERN, and the European Southern Observatory among others.
- UPC: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya · BarcelonaTech
UPC speciliases in education and research in the fields of architecture, engineering and technology, and is committed to the environment and to change. As a leading member of international networks of excellence, UPC has a privileged relationship with scientific and educational organisations worldwide.
- LNEG: The National Laboratory of Energy and Geology, Portugal
LNEG is a state laboratory at Portugal’s Ministry of Economy, with a mission to promote technological innovation, science, and technology and to direct R&D activity towards the development and sustainable progress of the Portuguese economy.
Course also promoted via Kursfinder.de