The course forms parts of the Specialization on Energy Efficiency for Better Buildings: Unlock the energy-saving potential of your buildings.
This courses introduces to the main principles of energy management systems, its phases, methods and implementation, as well as international standards for measurement and verification.
Intended Learning Outcomes
In particular, the intended learning outcomes of the course are:
- Understand and know the main types of Energy Audits in Buildings
- Know the main Energy Efficiency Measures
- Understand the basic implementation of an Management Plan Development
- Understand the principles of measurement and verification (M&V)
- Know how to to quantify an energy efficiency measure
To do that, the course is divided 4 modules:
- “Energy Audits in Buildings”, where we introduce the main types and levels of energy audits;
- “Energy Efficiency Measures”, where we use 4 different case studies on Lighting, Heating Cooling and Ventilation & Pumping to analyse different EE measures
- “Energy Management Plan Development”, where we introduce the goals and plans, namely its implementation, Monitoring and Plan review
- “IPMVP ”, where we present the fundamentals of Measure and Verification procedure, based on the IPMVP.
Methodology and assessment
Each week, a set of videos related to the multiple units will be released, and, for consolidating the presented concepts, there will be a quiz after each video. A Mid-term evaluation is taken after the conclusion of each module. Additional material is suggested to deepen the knowledge around each topic.
When you succeed in the 4 modules course, there will be a final evaluation to conclude your participation.
- Quiz: 30% (total quizzes)
- Midterm: 30% (midterm per module)
- Final Evaluation: 40%
- For a positive final grade a student should get more than 60%
This course is designed for:
- Facility or energy managers in the public and private sector, including those in hotels and hospitality, business and light commercial sectors, retail, leisure and more.
- Professionals at energy services companies and utilities that provide energy-efficiency services to customers
- Students in higher education (undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate level)
In order to get the best from this course, you should have the following:
- Good English (subtitles in Portuguese and Spanish are available)
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- An internet connection
No prior technical or specific knowledge is needed, although a basic knowledge of physics and thermodynamics is a plus.
|Energy Audits in Buildings||
|Energy Efficiency Measures||
|Energy Management Plan Development||