In this section you will find the answers to some of the most frequent questions on how to use The Institute of Sustainable Energy platform.
How do I enrol in a course?
To enrol in a course you first have to register as a user on The Institute of Sustainable Energy platform. In order to do so, please visit the register page, where you will be asked to provide your details. After you have submitted your details, you will receive an email with your login password. After you log in for the first time, you will be asked to change your password. Once you have created your user account on The Institute of Sustainable Energy platform, you can enrol in any available course you like by visiting the course catalogue, choosing a course by clicking on the "Go to the course" button, and clicking on the blue "buy" button to the left side of the page.
What technical requirements are there to participate on a course?
To participate in a course you need nothing more than a stable internet connection and the latest version of one of the main internet browsers.
The Institute of Sustainable Energy is best viewed using the Chrome or Firefox browsers but is also certified for Internet Explorer and Safari. Unfortunately the Opera browser is currently not supported so you might experience some minor difficulties if you are using this browser.
What is a MOOC?
A MOOC is an educational offer and abbreviation for ‘Massive Open Online Course’:
- Massive in the sense that attendance is not limited.
- Open since it can be accessed by anyone anywhere as long as they have an Internet connection.
- Online since it offers interaction possibilities such as social media channels, forums, blogs or RSS feeds to build a learning community.
- Course materials can include videos, readings and other elements structured around a set of learning goals in a defined area of study.
- Includes assessment or evaluation, self-assessment or peer assessment.
- Can sometimes be offered with virtual tutoring classes or even with a blended learning model.
What is a Professional MOOC?
Professional MOOCs, are fee-based, high-quality courses driven by inspiring professors and industry experts. Professional MOOCs promote continuous life-long learning, serving individuals who use online courses to advance their careers as well as organisations that support the continuous learning of their workforce. These courses cover the areas of sustainable energy, innovation and entrepreneurship.