You are here
Battery Storage Masterclass
Battery Storage Masterclass
Explore the trends, navigate the challenges, and exploit the opportunities.
Battery Storage Masterclass: Sweden
23/04/2020 | Stockholm
Battery storage is set to completely disrupt the energy space and shape the future of the sector for the foreseeable future. Keeping pace with change and securing your competitive edge in the longer-term means building the understanding of the technologies and emerging solutions, the opening energy storage market, the opportunities to reduce cost and increase revenue, and the emerging business models that can help you position your organisation at the vanguard.
Delivered by acclaimed experts from industry and academia who occupy leadership positions within the European Battery Alliance, the Battery Storage Masterclass in Uppsala and Stockholm equips you with the:
- Rock-solid understanding of the very latest technology in battery storage applications: grid, home, EVs, electric ferries, and more
- Capacity to navigate challenges, identify emerging players, broaden your business perspective and exploit new market openings
- Knowledge, insight and tools to design and execute B2C or B2B business models
- Confidence and vision to lead change at your organisation
What will you learn?
Our Battery Storage Masterclass in Sweden is an intense and immersive learning experience that integrates theory, hands-on practice and real-world industry exposure. Over the course of your learning in Uppsala and Stockholm, you will explore the big picture in battery storage, the market trends, the technologies and solutions and the industry applications that are changing the playing field.
Specifically you will look at:
- The battery storage market through the lens of the European Battery Alliance
- The technologies driving next-generation lithium-ion batteries,
- Battery manufacturing – life cycle management
- Battery sizing - optimisation of cycle and costs by application
- Electric vehicles business models and charging infrastructure
- Battery storage and electrical systems
- Battery storage for large scale solar power plants and business models
How will you learn?
Our Battery Storage Masterclass in Sweden integrates highly practical, hands-on workshops, lectures, experiential learning sessions and real-world, industry site visits.
Your learning opportunities include:
- Expert lectures and sessions led by speakers from industry and academia.
- Study visit to Advanced Battery Centre, Ångström Laboratory, Uppsala Universitet Battery Centre
- Direct interaction with leading experts from the European Battery Alliance
- Network with faculty and fellow participants over a traditional Swedish dinner, in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
Who will teach you?
Faculty is made up of experts from academia and industry working at the cutting edge of energy storage. Our course director is Bo Normark.
Bo is the InnoEnergy Thematic Leader for Smart Grids and Energy Storage. With more than 35 years of industrial experience in ABB in development, design, project management and global management of the Power Systems business, Bo is one of the foremost authorities within the European Battery Alliance.
Industry experts from market leaders like Northvolt, together with renowned academics from KTH Stockholm, Uppsala University, lead your learning experience. The full list of experts are included below.
Is it right for you?
The course is designed for decision-makers, business developers, change leaders and trail-blazers working within energy technology, renewable energy, engineering and consultancy. Participants come from many different countries and represent a broad diversity of sectors, from engineering to energy and management consultancy, mobility, finance and utilities. Typical participants are:
- Energy consultants, strategists and analysts
- Business development managers
- Technical consultants
If you are interested in this course and would like more information to help you decide if it is right for you, please contact Ulrika Hynell on +46 706 685 092 or via email@example.com. Alternatively, request a call-back below and we will contact you.
Who are the experts?
Thematic Leader for Smart Grids and Energy Storage at InnoEnergy and has more than 35 years of industrial experience in ABB in development, design, project management and global management of the Power Systems business.
Anton Ekeström is a Business Development Director at Northvolt. With years of experience, his expertise includes battery storage, smart grids, renewable energy, and business development.
Associate professor at Ångström Advanced Battery Centre, Uppsala University, is working on different types of lithium and sodium batteries. Also co-founder of ALTRIS AB leading research to develop sodium-ion battery prototypes.
Dr. Brandell is a Professor in Materials Chemistry, Ångström Laboratory, Uppsala University. Core of his research activities today are experimental, and with a clear focus on Li-ion batteries and other ‘future’ battery chemistries.
Olle Johansson, currently CEO of Kvällsudden AB, has been working with the transformation of energy and transport for the last ten years and is an expert on electric transport, charging infrastructure, batteries and renewable energy.
Experienced E-mobility pioneer since 2007. He is responsible for developing Tesla’s Supercharging infrastructure in Sweden, while running his own company Vox Futura, developing and investing in sustainable technologies and solutions.
Lina Bertling Tjernberg
Dr. Lina Bertling Tjernberg is Professor in Power Grid Technology at KTH. Her research aims to develop new technologies for the electric power system. Areas of special expertise: applied reliability theory and maintenance management.