You are here
Battery Storage: Understanding the Battery Revolution2
Battery Storage: Understanding the Battery Revolution
Understand the world of energy storage.
Explore the role of batteries for now and the future.
Battery Storage: Understanding the Battery Revolution | November
Impetus is growing to integrate renewable energy generation and the electricity grid. Battery storage is uniquely positioned to drive stable energy supply as this global integration gathers momentum. But what are the principle benefits? How do they play out across industrial contexts such as underground mining, or mobility? Understanding the battery revolution is critical to today’s energy professionals in order to keep pace with innovation and stay ahead of the competition.
This free, online course gives you deep insight into Lithium-ion battery storage from the production supply chain and manufacturing processes, to the broad-scale benefits and application of this evolving technology across multiple sectors. Delivered by InnoEnergy, one of Europe’s leading authorities in renewable energy and a member of the European Battery Alliance, the course empowers you with:
- Solid understanding of battery storage benefits in mobility and industrial products
- Real insight into the Lithium-ion battery industry
- Real-world expertise and understanding of the hands-on, industry dimensions
- Enhanced expertise through expert insight and business examples
- A boost to your professional profile and your career by gaining understanding of emerging business models and market evolution in battery storage
- The ability to apply new knowledge effectively in both professional and commercial contexts to create value and to drive impact.
What will you learn?
This course sets context and gives you in-depth understanding of current and future developments in energy storage and the impact of battery technologies on the power and transportation sectors. The course is unique in the breadth of topics covered. Specifically you will explore:
- The Lithium-ion battery industry
- The supply chain in large-scale Lithium-ion battery production, assessing whether resources are enough to sustain the energy transition
- Financial benefits of battery energy storage solutions in underground mining
- The relation between underground mining and its environmental impact
- The global electric vehicle market, including the price and range development, major players in the EV battery market and current evolution (growth) in EV manufacturing
- Different types of EV charging and growth trends of European charging infrastructure
- New business models based on EV batteries as energy storage solution (vehicle-to-home and vehicle-to-grid scenarios).
How will you learn?
Understanding the Battery Revolution is a free, online course, driven by inspiring professors and industry experts and can be taken anytime, anywhere as long as you have access to the internet. It is delivered on the FutureLearn platform. Assessment is based on multiple-choice tests after every other lecture and a final test assessment.
- Week 1: The importance of energy storage
- Week 2: Large scale battery production
- Week 3: Energy storage applications: industrial products
- Week 4: Energy storage applications: electric vehicles
Who will teach you?
The Thematic Leader for Smart Grids and Energy Storage at InnoEnergy and has more than 35 years of industrial experience in ABB in development, design, project management and global management of the Power Systems business.
Worked, in the recent past, on the quality control department of Audi Brussels. Currently, he is employed by InnoEnergy on the European Battery Alliance team, focusing on the education business line.
Director of Services, Support and Solutions for Energy Storage Solutions at SAFT. He has focused on Li-ion topics, i.e. markets, products, technologies, manufacturing and competitive landscape analysis.
The Global Marketing Manager – Electrification at Epiroc. He held several positions over the years, at Atlas Copco. Erik is an innovative and visionary leader committed to electrifying the mining world.
Is it right for you?
This course has been designed for professionals working in energy technology, renewable energy, engineering and consultancy in Europe. Having one of these backgrounds best equips you to get the most from this course. But anyone interested in developing their knowledge of battery storage and enhancing their professional development might find it useful. Typical participants include:
- Energy consultants
- Energy engineers
- Energy strategists
- Energy system analysts
- Business & venture analysts
Related certified courses
Since you're here, you may also be interested in some of our related courses, delivered online by a multi-disciplinary team of InnoEnergy experts from academia and industry, whose research and global business acuity give you full-picture understanding of the energy ecosystem today. And tomorrow.
- Energy System Transformation
- Energy Storage: the Battery Revolution
- Battery Storage Masterclass: a thorough understanding
- Battery Storage Masterclass: Uppsala & Stockholm (battery storage applications)
- Battery Storage Masterclass: Lisbon (grid application of storage)
- Battery Storage Masterclass: Genk (battery design, production and testing)