You are here
Business Model Innovation in Energy (Storage)
Business Model Innovation in Energy (Storage)
Lead innovation in a rapidly changing world. Build future-proof business models that shape the future of energy and energy storage.
Business Model Innovation in Energy (Storage )
Change in the energy space is fast. Digital innovation is disrupting business models, taking us from products to services, from bricks and mortar to platforms. Decentralisation is reshaping the competitive environment. And evolving technologies bring new challenges to negotiate. How do you and your company keep pace with change?
Business Model Innovation in Energy (Storage) is a new workshop by InnoEnergy, one of Europe’s leading authorities in energy and business innovation. During the workshop, you build a rock-solid understanding of the latest in energy (storage) technology and business model innovation in an ever-evolving energy landscape. You emerge from the course, empowered to:
- Understand different business models, particularly of battery storage at grid-scale, behind-the-meter, off-grid and in mobility
- Decipher the kinds of business models that will keep you ahead in a turbulent energy market
- Leverage in-depth revenue models to detect gaps and spot early opportunities
- Use early-market validation to drive business results
- Identify the business model with the highest potential based on market size and revenue inflow
- Pitch your business model confidently and with authority.
What will you learn?
You explore the key dynamics of business model innovation for a changing energy landscape, particularly the impact of existing and changing energy and energy storage.
To get the most from this workshop, we recommend that you take our free online course, Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses, in preparation for the workshop (although this is not compulsory). In the online course you will discover promising battery storage technologies; exploring their workings, strengths, weaknesses, and possible place in Europe’s future. You’ll look into a range of uses; not only in the energy sector - but in transportation, industry, the home and more.
In our face-to-face workshop you will dive deeper and explore:
- Analogy thinking: How to steal like an artist by listening to inspiring business model cases
- Ideation tools for mapping business models and eco-systems
- Revenue model exploration
- Business model selection
- Connection rules
- Participation in balancing, flexibility and other grid services
- Transmission and distribution charges and levies
- Synergies with renewable energy.
How will you learn?
This dynamic and hands-on workshop is offered in Barcelona, Spain. You can enhance your learning experience by taking the additional, non-mandatory, free online course module.
The preparatory online course, Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses, is expertly designed to maximise impact and flexibility. As long as you have access to the internet, you can pursue your learning anytime, anywhere at the pace and rhythm that works for you. Assessment is based on multiple-choice tests after every other lecture and a final test assessment. Content include:
Week 1: Battery storage: potential and limitations
Week 2: Battery storage applications: grid scale and electric vehicles
Week 3: Battery storage applications: behind the meter and off-grid.
During the highly interactive workshop:
- Experienced faculty will capture insights and structure the discussions
- Learn from real-life case studies from different organisations and perspectives
- Consider best and worst case examples in and outside of your industry.
You can also attend a second workshop the next day on energy storage regulation uses an introduction to regulation followed by interactive discussion of regulations and their impact, based on the energy industry, filled with clear examples in EU regulations. If this is of interest, you can find out more about the two-day workshop here.
Who will teach you?
InnoEnergy is a pioneer in sustainable energy education and business innovation. This workshop has been designed by a multi-disciplinary team of experts from academia and industry, whose research and global business acuity give you full-picture understanding of business model innovation in sustainable energy and energy storage regulation. Lead faculty include:
Anna Darmani (Online Course)
Energy Systems Analyst at InnoEnergy
Energy market expert and analyst, with a PhD degree in Industrial Economics and Management, Anna has several years of experience in analysing energy markets, renewable and storage technologies.
Farid Peter Malya
Innovation Consultant at Board of Innovation
Future shaper and collaborator, customer-centric designer and transformer, innovation scientist and intrapreneur.
Is it right for you?
This workshop is ideal if you want to understand business opportunities in a fast-changing energy ecosystem. Participants typically include:
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups who can test ideas in an open format
- Investors who can fast-track their understanding of energy and regulation
- Managers at utility and energy companies to experience fresh ideas and new business models
- Researchers wanting to spin-off and get an all-round evaluation of their innovation.
If you are interested in this course and would like more information to help you decide if it is right for you, please contact Jan Verveckken on +31 646 959 657 or via email@example.com. Alternatively, request a call-back below and we will contact you.