You are here
Go Solar PV
Go Solar PV
Explore the potential of solar photovoltaics and their contribution to the energy transition.
Go Solar PV | October
Harnessing the sun to power our world has been the dream of energy professionals for decades. And now, with solar photovoltaic technology becoming increasingly affordable, scalable and accessible, that dream is closer to reality than ever before.
To take advantage of recent breakthroughs and develop transformational models that will determine the future of the energy value chain, the industry needs more professionals with a thorough understanding of solar PV’s technical challenges and business opportunities. 'Go Solar PV' examines the technology's potential for today and the near future, explores the technical issues, and assesses the commercial opportunities. The course will give you unparalleled insight into the global solar PV market and will equip you with the knowledge and practical details you need to shape and lead the future of solar energy.
What will you learn?
On completing the course, you will:
- Be able to analyse concrete business cases that represent current and future markets
- Understand the market dynamics, the main regulatory models and their evolution, including: support systems, market and grid integration, and national and international legislation.
- Understand the main trends in solar PV technology and their future potential in terms of costs.
- Be aware of potential financial models for the development of solar PV deployments.
- Understand the mechanics of solar PV installation, development, operation and maintenance.
How will you learn?
The course is based on four business case studies accompanied by theoretical content, support tools (simulators, downloadables), and knowledge and guidance from a team of experts. More specifically, the training itinerary consists of:
- Mandatory individual activities
- Optional individual activities
- Collaborative activities*
*You must complete at least three out of the four collaborative activities associated with the case studies to pass the course.
Is it right for you?
This course is designed for professionals who:
- Are interested in developing their knowledge of solar PV technology and its commercial potential.
- Are keen to gain a greater understanding of the exciting opportunities presented by the solar PV sector.
- Wish to increase their knowledge to underpin future professional advancement.