You are here
Managing energy data: Advanced analytics
Managing energy data: advanced analytics
Use data science strategy to generate more value for your business.
Managing energy data: Advanced analytics | September
About this course
The Internet of Things (IoT) revolution, such as the vast spread of smart meters worldwide, is generating massive amounts of energy data, drastically transforming the sector and current energy systems. This digital transformation gives rise to more intelligent ways of managing energy and brings about opportunities for energy companies to improve their business models and services.
If you’re looking to extract insights from the energy big data to boost your business and create value-added services, this course is for you. Over a period of six weeks, you will learn how to develop and implement data science projects in energy businesses, and will work with real life cases that need to be tackled with data science.
Is this course for you?
This course is targeted at senior operations personnel in energy utilities (distribution system operators, energy suppliers) and industry, as well as at energy entrepreneurs looking to improve the value of their companies.
How does the course boost your career?
With this course, you will be able to:
- Explain how data science can bring value to the energy sector (through big data from IoT solutions, end consumers etc).
- Evaluate the implications, challenges and benefits of implementing data science projects in an energy company.
- Apply lessons learned from real-life business cases in which data science was applied to energy big data.
- Supervise the development and implementation of a data science project and create new value with the available data.
Teaching methods and materials
The course is designed in an interactive way so that you can immediately grasp and apply the new concepts. You will be provided with:
- Videos from recognised experts.
- Self-evaluation exercises such as multiple-choice, associations or ‘fill in the blanks’.
- Simple calculation exercises (e.g. in Microsoft Excel®) that will help you visualise the impact of various data science applications in generating value for an energy business.
- Real-life experiences of InnoEnergy startups and interactive exercises that will help you understand how these companies are tackling their data-related challenges.
- Relevant articles that will consolidate your acquired knowledge and back your decisions after the course.
- A tutor with extensive experience to answer any questions you might have during the course.
Co-founder and COO of Watt-IS, holds a MSc. in Environmental Engineering and a PhD in Sustainable Energy Systems from MIT Portugal, EIT InnoEnergy and Fulbright programs. Has a wide experience in management and research in consumption behavior and data science focused on modeling and optimization with several articles published.
Co-founder and CEO of Watt-IS, Miguel has a wide degree of experience on the energy sector both on the business development and data analytics areas. He has an ICT degree, a MSc. on Technology management and an Executive MBA.
Carlos Silva is a co-founder of WATT-IS since 2012. He holds a degree, a MSc and a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from IST. He also is the author of 30 papers in peer-reviewed international journals in systems modeling and operations research and more than 80 communications in international conferences.
Who are the collaborators?